Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Strawberry Fields Forever

As soon as I saw that strawberries were on sale this week at Aldi’s, I knew I had to stock up. My daughter loves strawberries, and I knew that she would enjoy the fresh ones included in her strawberry breakfast/lunch foods: I’ve also stocked up with strawberry cream oatmeal and we usually have some strawberry yogurt in the refrigerator. Hubby doesn’t seem to have any favorites, but beyond the staples I keep in the house for him (buying a package of Carb Balance tortillas and 2 pounds of shredded cheese a week, among other things) I know that if something is tie-dyed, he’s going to enjoy it. The ribbon on my wedding bouquets was tie-dyed, and so are the Hershey kisses in this year’s Easter basket and the Easter egg dye I’ll be picking up.

Peanut fell in love with some Beatles’ songs from a movie called Across the Universe, or as she calls it, “the Let It Be movie”. She loves the song “Strawberry Fields Forever”, but as with the chicken and the egg, I’m not sure which came first, the love for the song or the love for the fruit. All I do know is that both loves are strong enough for a Strawberry themed birthday party this year (no, not Strawberry Shortcake, she doesn’t know who that is). I’m looking forward to making a few strawberry desserts, I’ve already bought some clearance Valentine’s strawberry flavored candy for favors, and I’ve done my research on decorations, other possible party favors, and invitations (I make them myself every year).


Hubby’s getting a tie-dye themed belated birthday party this summer (we were getting into a house and ready for surgery when his came in December, and he wants to grill out anyhow), but he doesn’t know it yet. I’ll wait for next year to throw a big party (milestone year), and I usually have something ice cream or tea party related, because I can make all the fancy foods myself, and call it a spring party. I love lemony desserts and spring flowers, so I’m glad my birthday is in the middle of all the beauty of the spring season. What are your favorite themes, surprises, or treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment